hi guys, just want an insight from you guys..recently i just installed two network card in a workstation..one dhcp and one static ip..all seems to work fine..

but how to check whether the internet connection is using DHCP or using the Static connection.. is there a way to check?
or how does the thing work, will it double the speed or what? any ideas is greatly appreciated..thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What OS is your computer with two nics running? In Windows I don't believe you can take advantage of it. I have seen Linux setups that can. If you are running a *nix I will run down the links.

go to my network place's properties and there you see the local area connection and right click and go to status then click support there you see assigned by DHCP or ststic .

Just disconnect one the nics, if the connection to the internet fails you know what nic was connected to the internet.
But why use two nics for the internet? How much Mbps is your connection to the internet?

What OS is your computer with two nics running? In Windows I don't believe you can take advantage of it. I have seen Linux setups that can. If you are running a *nix I will run down the links.

linux 9.0 can pass the links..

Its very simple,
Run a command in command prompt called
ipconfig /all
It will give complete details.

basically you need two lan cards where u r using the proxy server. one for external network and one for internal network.. I also use this setup with linux with external network with static IP and on internal NIC card I am running the DHCP..

and to check which card is using which configuration

use the ipconfig/all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.