router keeps saying password wrong. have tried a hard reset several times which doesn't work. is it just too old?? I do have a internet connection but when my laptop logs on wireless it says linksys instead of the network name I have set up.

Any suggestions?????

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Okay I'm confused with what your saying. Your router is saying wrong password. So you could login you pushed the reset button to reset it to factory? After you reset it to factory the name of the network changed. You want to know why it changed?

Or

You pressed the reset button and it never set it back to factory and you still cannot login, but when you connect to it wirelessly it says Linksys and not what you named the network?

1. Does it give you the network name if you are plugged in hard wire?
2. While holding the reset button, did you unplug it and plug it back in?
3. Dumb question, but I have to ask..do you know the default login info?

router keeps saying password wrong. have tried a hard reset several times which doesn't work. is it just too old?? I do have a internet connection but when my laptop logs on wireless it says linksys instead of the network name I have set up.

Any suggestions?????

okay i'm confused with what your saying. Your router is saying wrong password. So you could login you pushed the reset button to reset it to factory? After you reset it to factory the name of the network changed. You want to know why it changed?

Or

you pressed the reset button and it never set it back to factory and you still cannot login, but when you connect to it wirelessly it says linksys and not what you named the network?

1. Does it give you the network name if you are plugged in hard wire?
2. While holding the reset button, did you unplug it and plug it back in?
3. Dumb question, but i have to ask..do you know the default login info?

i tried everything even called linksys. They told me to buy a new router which i did and now everything is working except i can't print from my laptop wirelessly. So i guess i'll call linksys back. Thanks for responding. Lana

Sorry you had to buy a new router but the wireless printing should not be a hard fix but again I have to ask can you print to it if your hard wired? are you using a print server or does the printer have a Ethernet port? Is it a wireless printer?

i tried everything even called linksys. They told me to buy a new router which i did and now everything is working except i can't print from my laptop wirelessly. So i guess i'll call linksys back. Thanks for responding. Lana

first of all, when u connect to ur homepage for router just type admin in username or else call to the cisco toll free number there he will guide how to configure it properly, thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.