First question is: Do each of the non base computers have to have a wireless card installed to pick up the signal, if so, how can I determine if they have one or not.

Secondly: On the base computer, that has the cable connection, while trying to install the software, setup intructs not to connect the router before it searches for the internet connection. It doesn't find the connection that I know is.

I'm sure your all pulling your hair out trying to deal with my non-technical nomenclature. I do have fairly good computer skills but I don't do this stuff often enough to retain what I've done in the past, and, Im forty seven years old. I'm a bit slower than I used to be.

Grateful for any help you can provide.

Cathy

You want to access the Internet with all your computers through the Linksys wireless router....

To determine whether the computers have a wireless card installed, go to Start->Control Panel->Network Connections. If you have a "Wireless Connection" there, then you're all set.

Secondly: On the base computer, that has the cable connection, while trying to install the software, setup intructs not to connect the router before it searches for the internet connection. It doesn't find the connection that I know is.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do. You dont need to install any software to access the Internet via a router.

1. Connect the modem to the WAN-port of the router

2. (Assuming that you have a WLAN-card installed and WLAN is activated in the router: ) Access the router by entering it's IP in the PC's web browser

3. Set up the internet connection and the WEP/WPA encryption in your router and your PC's

Done.

Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.