ei guys, really need help here.

i have a dsl connection for my desktopat home, and i just bought a netgear wireless router to connect my laptop wireless. as i set it up with the setup wizard, all goes well until the wizard restarts my network. it will then say that internet connection cannot be detected. what could be the problem?

can it be the wires? because the wire i previously used was a straight thru, both from the modem to the router, and router to the pc. it wont continue setting up the network. second, i changed the wire from the modem to the router with a cross over, still it wont set up.

what can be the problem? guys really need help here...

thnx

carlos

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ei guys, really need help here.

i have a dsl connection for my desktopat home, and i just bought a netgear wireless router to connect my laptop wireless. as i set it up with the setup wizard, all goes well until the wizard restarts my network. it will then say that internet connection cannot be detected. what could be the problem?

can it be the wires? because the wire i previously used was a straight thru, both from the modem to the router, and router to the pc. it wont continue setting up the network. second, i changed the wire from the modem to the router with a cross over, still it wont set up.

what can be the problem? guys really need help here...

thnx

carlos

hmmm it says the internet connection cannot be detected. I also had prob setting up wirless network. it turned out my firewall was blocking it. might wanna check that out (welcome to Daniweb)

Here is another tip. If your ISP requires a username and password you should be putting that into your router so that it does not bypass the router and see your desktop settings.

I am assuming that yours in a Dynamic IP not static as well?

dazed_confused

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.