Hey guys i have an HP DV4-1551DX and recently it stopped picking up wireless networks. When i do ipconfig /renew i get a message saying i cant do it while media is disconnected. If i hook up a wired connection internet works fine. I have tried several things but just cant figure it out and im kinda out of ideas to try. Any help would be appreciated! thank you

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ryan461

..hi there!..try to re-install or update the driver of your wireless adapter..i hope it helps!..^_^..

iv reinstalled and updated drivers
made sure the wireless card is on =P
tried the windows 7 network repair
tried to ipconfig /renew
connected with wired connection(which works)
gone into cmd
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

also i forgot to add that the machine dual boots with Ubuntu and wireless works fine in Ubuntu.

Um any chance theres a piece of software on your laptop taking precedence over the windows network manager? And it is controlling access to wireless networks?

nope, i was thinking of trying to find one though to see if it fixes the problem but there is none as of now. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Probably another dead end suggestion, but remove the device in device manager (completely uninstall it) then let win 7 install some drivers, and see what happens

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.