I just typed a huge detailed post, and the window closed on me, so forgive me if this one isnt detailed enough.

I am trying to get a wireless printing connection going.

I was told to create a profile on each of the computers that I am using with the same name so that they can connect, and I have done this.

When I go to My network places > workgroup computers > printers and faxes it stops me at the workgroup computers and tells me “workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this sever to find out if you have access permissions. Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator. The other computer is on so I don’t know why this won’t work.

I also tried adding a printer. I clicked “a network printer, or a printer attached to another computer. It then gives me three options:
- Browse for a printer
- Connect to this printer (or to browse for a printer, select this option and click next). There is also a space here to type in the name e.g. \\server\printer
- Connect to a printer on the Internet or on a home or office network. There is also a space here to type in the URL e.g. http://server/printers/myprinter/.printer

When it browses, it can’t find it and I don’t know what to type in those blanks.

Can anyone help me set this up please?

Hi I Had Big Problems As Well I Have A Wired Sharing Set Up Have You Told Your Printer To Be Shared? On Your Main Comp ,go To Control Panel ,printer, Right Click Select Sharing,share This Printer Give It A Name Ie Epson ,then Go On Other Comp Search For Network Printer Mine Just Comes Up With A Long Address Ending In Home It Imports A Driver From Your Main Comp And Away You Go Hope This Helps Brian.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.