I have a Netgear Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router; Model DGN1000. I have BSNL broadband connection at home. I recently switched over to the new Netgear modem as the modem provided by BSNL crashed.

The issue now is that I am able to connect to all websites except yahoo. Could someone let me know the issue around it.

I have checked the Netgear router manager, and have all the settings right. Checked if yahoo is blocked in the router manager; it's not blocked.

Re: Unable to connect to Yahoo.com with Netgear modem and BSNL Broadband 80 80

Does using other network allow you to connect to yahoo. Is parental control blocking the site or any other softwares? How about checking the proxy server?

yes - I have a Tata photon connection. That allows me to use all websites.

Can you connect to yahoo through using the IP address. It might be a DNS problem. To connect to yahoo via its IP address. Just ping to yahoo.com. YOu will see a few numbers that is its IP address. What windows version are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.