Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble. My girlfriend's netbook, an Acer Aspire One D257 running Windows 7 32-bit, has randomly stopped connecting to the Internet. I am able to connect fine from my laptop though.

All the latest wireless drivers are installed, and I've tried removing the connection then restoring it, but it just connects with no internet access for a few seconds then disconnects again.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try opening the run command pressing (windows key+R on keyboard) then type cmd, hit enter. Once in command prompt type "ipconfig" /flushdns" to clear name resolution to the Internet. May also try removing the SSID and re-adding to her computer.

Also, type IPCONFIG /all on both computers, compare the IP settings. They should be the same except for the IP address. The subnet mask, gateway, Dns settings need to be the same. If they are not, someone may have configured static information on the computer that is not working.

Also, check the malware program on the computer. Is it up to date, any settings that may be blocking access to the internet?

Hey guys, thanks for your replies, managed to get it working a few days ago, tried RTFMID10T's suggestion, and after restarting the router a few times it started working again :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.