I have a wireless router. But I can only get dial-up internet where I live. I just want to make it wireless so I dont have to run a long phone cord where ever I want to use my laptop and so on. I have a desktop computer running windows XP and a laptop with xp and vista. How would I go about setting this up? What are the steps? Try to use detail as I am new to this kind of thing. I do currently have it set up on my desktop so that when I dial my internet connection throught it I can plug a LAN cable into the LAN port on it and connect that to my laptop and use the internet from the desktop on my laptop.

The wireless router is a D-link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624.

Thanks for your time and help!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

if you mean you want a wireless access from your router then you have to just change a settings in your router that you have to put you router in a bridge mode and you will have to connect your wireless with your machine and you willget the access

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.