I have a wireless router. But I can only get dial-up internet where I live. I just want to make it wireless so I dont have to run a long phone cord where ever I want to use my laptop and so on. I have a desktop computer running windows XP and a laptop with xp and vista. How would I go about setting this up? What are the steps? Try to use detail as I am new to this kind of thing. I do currently have it set up on my desktop so that when I dial my internet connection throught it I can plug a LAN cable into the LAN port on it and connect that to my laptop and use the internet from the desktop on my laptop.

The wireless router is a D-link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624.

Thanks for your time and help!

Recommended Answers

Hi

It is possible to do what you say, by using the ad hoc setup for other computers to access your computers internet connection, also wirelessly.

I reccomend you read these two links on the "how to" part:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/adhoc.mspx#2

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

if you mean you want a wireless access from your router then you have to just change a settings in your router that you have to put you router in a bridge mode and you will have to connect your wireless with your machine and you willget the access

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.