Hi all, i've question , i'm using GNS3 virtualbox edition, and using 2 client with win xp installed on virtualbox

detail is
client-1 is on vlan 10 with ip : 10.10.10.1
client-2 is on vlan 10 with ip : 10.10.20.1
i've done in configure cisco at inter-vlan router and ping beetween this two client is work, my question is, but how can we get this two client make a file sharing?

I have not using access list on router yet

Thanks before

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you have basic network connectivity between the two hosts via PING, then at least you know that you have the path in place. Now, to allow for file sharing, you'll need to make sure that if either of the clients have a host based firewall running, that you allow for the file sharing exemptions. In addition, you'll need to create the shared resource (file share, printer, etc..) on each machine. Finally, you will need an account to authenticate to the system with the shared resource. The easiest method is to create the same user ID on both systems with the same password.

Once that is in place, you should be able to access the shared resource via UNC path (\\computerName\shareName)

If you have basic network connectivity between the two hosts via PING, then at least you know that you have the path in place. Now, to allow for file sharing, you'll need to make sure that if either of the clients have a host based firewall running, that you allow for the file sharing exemptions. In addition, you'll need to create the shared resource (file share, printer, etc..) on each machine. Finally, you will need an account to authenticate to the system with the shared resource. The easiest method is to create the same user ID on both systems with the same password.

Once that is in place, you should be able to access the shared resource via UNC path (\\computerName\shareName)

hi thanks for the answer, yes i've got it, i have set up linux server on the network and using samba to make it happen, thanks ;)

that's great news. Glad the info was helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.