Alright. I've already searched through Google and through these forums with no actual help found for my issue. I've followed troubleshooting that others have suggested and nothing seems to be fixing the issue, so now I'm back here.

I have two laptops in front of me; one netbook and the one I am currently using. My netbook is one of the Asus EE PCs, and I am also using an Acer Travelmate 4230.

Recently, I went to the US and took my Travelmate, and I was using a lot of open Wifi connections as well as the Wifi connection where I was staying, which was secure. While I was there, I had no issues whatsoever with internet.

Coming back, however, I am experiencing a lot of dropped connections on my Travelmate as well as an error that "Windows cannot find a certificate to log you on." Nothing has changed about my drivers and I still had the connection configured correctly. I know that it is an issue with the Travelmate because the Asus works just fine on the network.

The card used by the Travelmate: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Drivers are updated. (no recent updates I could find)

Steps I have taken thus far:
Reset modem.
Deleted the connection profiles and readded manually.
Removed and then reinstalled the drivers.
Went through Microsoft's troubleshooting steps (which were useless, ha).

Not sure where to go from here. I know I've seen on a lot of other threads that I should uncheck the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication but it is greyed out, and thus I am unable to uncheck it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've had similar issues before, have you tried clearing thr cache etc and running a registry cleaner?

I actually did further troubleshooting afterwards, reset the modem again and everything seems to be back to normal now! :)

No worries, glad you got it sorted

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.