Hello.
Recently i found an old router, which has its passwords changed.But i don't remember them so i tried hard reset.

But what ever I do it doesnt work.
http://download.atcom.cn:8080/ATA/AG188N/AG188N-How%20to%20update%20the%20firmware%20on%20Post%20Mode-EN-V1.0-090404.pdf

I read this guide and it requires telnet to 192.168.1.179 but it just says "Can't connect"

Can anyone say how to configure the NIC correctly so that i may telnet to that address ?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

According to the Doc, you have to connect to the WAN port. Did you make sure that you connected to the WAN port instead of a regular port?

If you get no response on telnet, that means that the target is not listening in that port, or you did not configure your PC's NIC with a 192.168.1.x address.

Yes i configured the IPv4 Address to 192.168.1.100 and connected to the wan port but still no responce.
I even did a ping -t on 192.168.1.179 and it's always "dest. unreach."
I don't know if I shud set the default gateway to something.

If your ip is .100 and the target is .179, no gateway is needed, assuming your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. Both ips are on the same subnet. The doc also referenced that the router defaults back to 192.168.1.1. Can you plug the pc in a regular port and ping that IP. If no response, I would think it was not successfully reset back to defaults.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.