Hi all,

I hope some one can help me here. This is the settings for my TPlink WR940N router which I am using as my primary router. I want to connect a TP Link WR740N and a Linksys WRT54GL as two bridges from the primary router. (I need 3 to cover the area inside my house, the walls are very thick.) I believe I have to change some of the ip setting of the router but where do I do that? I can access all the setting via the main setup page and change the value from 192.168.100.1 to 192.168.100.2 but when I do this the computer looses the router even after a reboot. Should I just be changing the values in the network/LAN/IP Address and leave the main set up values as they are or ??????

WAN Connection Type: Static IP
IP Address: 192.168.100.24
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.100.1
Primary DNS: 192.168.100.1
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Network Name (SSID): Primary
Network Security Type: Most Security (WPA2-PSK)
Network Security Key: n4tur35v13w

Many thanks in aticipation

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm going to go ahead and get the ball rolling.
The best plan of action would be to:

• Set your primary's DHCP to limit IP assigning from .2 to .252
  • Assign your secondary routers LAN IP's to .253 and .254 respectively.
  • Disable the DHCP on your secondary routers.
  • Run cables from the primary's LAN switch to the secondaries' LAN switch. I doubt you'll need crossover adapters.
  • Configure your primary router and 2 secondaries to broadcast their WiFi on channels 6, 1, and 11 respectively.

If I neglected something, someone on the forum will cheerfully call me an idiot and give the correct configuration.

most importantly, find the configuration in the two routers to disable routing. Some of these routers, have an option to disable the router and turn the device into an "access point".

Can I find out the routers config without connecting them to the net? If so, How???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.