Howdy, I just got a wireless router without the RS-232 serial port on it and didn't realize i needed it for dialup connection cause i'm an idiot..

but is there any way I can get the router to work? it just has an ethernet connection for the modem on the back... I have an extra hub lying around too if that would help any..

I just want to be able to use my laptop around the house without having to run my cable everywhere.. do i need to take it back? or can i get it working any way with this router?

thanks for your time and help

--Jordan

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by marinme

Well, I tried hooking it up this way. The DU Connection is on a Desktop PC, from the NIC of the Desktop I have it hooked up to a HUB. From the routers modem connection I have it hooked up to the hub. And then the hub hooked back up to the routers 1-4 LAN ports. This works all and well of course for the network wirelessly. I can connect at great strength to the network wirelessly, but I cannot get to my shared Internet Connection. I'm guessing because the Internet Connection is shared across the Hub and not the Router that this is the reason I can not connect to the internet wirelessly? Is there anyway I can get this to work?? Thanks for any help.

--Jordan

While I'm not to sure how internet connection sharing works, have you verified you have connectivity between the wireless pc and the desktop pc?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.