I want to connect my Lenovo Ideapad S510p(Windows8) to the WiFi network of my TP-LINK modem-router. But the laptop does not finds no WiFi network although I can get it with my cellphone and connect to it.
I checked the DHCP leases list of my modem and laptop's mac address was there and there was an IP address associated to the laptop.
But when I ping that IP from my desktop, I get "Reply from 192.168.1.100: Destination host unreachable" where 192.168.1.100 is my desktop's IP.
What should I do?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

To see a list of available networks

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)

Check the network icon. It'll show if you’re connected and how strong the connection is.
If you’re not connected, tap or click the network icon (The wireless network icon or The wired network icon).

Tap or click the name of the network you want to connect to, and then tap or click Connect.

You might be asked for the network password. You can get it from the network admin. If you’re at home, this is probably someone in your family. If you’re at work, ask your IT admin. If you’re in a public place, like a coffee shop, ask someone who works there.

If you want to connect to this network every time it's in range, select the Connect automatically check box. 

How to Fix Your Wi-Fi Network: 7 Tips to Follow:
1: Check Your Laptop for a Wi-Fi Button or Switch
2: Reboot Your Computer and Your Wireless Router
3: Change the Wi-Fi Channel on the Router
4: Check and Reposition the Wireless Router
5: Restore the Router's Settings to the Factory Defaults
6: Reinstall the Wireless Adapter Driver or Software
7: Upgrade the Router Firmware

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.