Hey well got Cox highspeed internet like two months ago and wow its fast i used to have dial-up and i was SO missing out till i got highspeed...and a couple of days ago my friend got COX too but hers is faster...like i have a compaq presario laptop and an hp pavilion and when i play videos it always pauses and she has a compaq too but its not a laptop and her videos play fine w/o any pauses:!: why?:rolleyes: i dont have many programs just like the printer programs, and some that came with the computer but on my laptop i do have kazaa she has a lot of junk like games dowloaded from the internet....aol which she doesnt even have...imesh...and so much junk...why is hers faster???? please help me! im freaking out!:eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im sorry to be a nag but could you rephrase your question in regular font and make it into complete sentences with only 1 oe 2 smilies. That is probably the main reason no one has answered your question(im dizzy just looking at it).

Hey well got Cox highspeed internet like two months ago and wow its fast i used to have dial-up and i was SO missing out till i got highspeed...and a couple of days ago my friend got COX too but hers is faster...like i have a compaq presario laptop and an hp pavilion and when i play videos it always pauses and she has a compaq too but its not a laptop and her videos play fine w/o any pauses:!: why?:rolleyes: i dont have many programs just like the printer programs, and some that came with the computer but on my laptop i do have kazaa she has a lot of junk like games dowloaded from the internet....aol which she doesnt even have...imesh...and so much junk...why is hers faster???? please help me! im freaking out!:eek:

not matter what spec laptop you have a desktop will usually out perform it, now faster your computer the faster it can process data i.e quicker web browsing, not once again please change your font as we are freaking out (and getting eye strain lol), you also mentioned you were using a laptop she isnt, because of heat issues and smaller lower power components laptops are generally slower than desktops (i know because im on one lol) so theres your first answer, second, i believe you mumbled kazaa & imesh, the usual p2p software, now if you have these running they will eat up your nandwidth and cause your net to seem a lot slower, they also give you an awful lot of spyware (especially kazaa!) , my opinion would be to stop the p2p software running, get adaware, then run it, then go to www.adslguide.org.uk and do the speed test, get your friend to do the same.

darren

just a thought, but you mentioned you had two computers? Your probably behind a router, thus, you're sharing bandwidth, and your friend might not.

just a thought, but you mentioned you had two computers? Your probably behind a router, thus, you're sharing bandwidth, and your friend might not.

Yes, but that would only result in a slowdown if both computers were using the internet steady -- and at the same time.

I also think it could be your computer. Try using a friend's laptop or something.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.