Junyah 24 Posting Whiz in Training

Tell Me Some of your wacky stories how you got things fto work using not so computer parts

Well I went and did it! I got dubbed the Wacky Wireless Inventor by some friends. Some friends of mine had me over tho their house for dinner with an alterior motive. They gave me a wireless challenge ... Beeeeeeg House with some metal framing... DI-524 Single Antenna Router and Linksys WUSB11V4 on a computer 3 rooms away.(Low Budget - They have a big house payment)

I tested the wireless signal with my Palm and Netchaser (Stumbler for Palm) and I was getting a weak signal in the room with the WUSB... Hmmmmmmm..room is down the hall and router a little bit to the right.. I looked in the garage and kitchen to look for some raw materials... ahaa, found it 10" pie plate.. and velcro..

I took the pie plate, poked a hole in the middle of turned the WUSB on its side put the fixed antenna through the hole and velcroed the WUSB and Pie plate antenna to the side of the desk and pointed it to the room where the router is.

Fired up the computer ...and I got and excellent signal.. Up and Surfing

" 5 dollars US for the rather tasty apple pie, recyled pin, and .50 velcro
35 minutes labor ...I had to finish the last piece of pie and you gotta have ice cream 15 to eat the pie and tell them why its gonna work.. 15 to make it and hook it up ... 5 mins to joke about how funny it looks .. 7.00 US including Ice Cream and a cup of coffee ..The look on my friends faces when it worked ..Priceless :lol:

Since then I've found some websites that has all kinds of kitchen brew antennas.

What are some of your Weird Homemade Quick (Under Two Hours) fixes?