This is driving me whacky...
My situation:
Cable ISP, Linksys Wireless Router, WinXP Pro...
Recently moved to new home.. Cable modem and wireless router are on ground floor, my desktop on second floor...
Windows shows me connected under Network Connections, with a strong signal...
Ipconfig gives me all the normal stuff... IP, gateway, etc. I've released it and it renew's just fine....
However, I can NOT ping the router at all... Times out...
Any ideas appreciated...
thx

I have noticed that linksys is very picky when it comes to using XP's built in features expecially if you are using other linksys items like the wireless cards or usb adapters. I had a similar problem where I would get a signal using windows wierless network tools but when i would try to access the internet it would time out and say file not found or that there was no internet connection.

As soon as I used the linksys software it seemed to work fine. You might give that a try.

Let me know if any of that helps.

I have noticed that linksys is very picky when it comes to using XP's built in features expecially if you are using other linksys items like the wireless cards or usb adapters. I had a similar problem where I would get a signal using windows wierless network tools but when i would try to access the internet it would time out and say file not found or that there was no internet connection.

As soon as I used the linksys software it seemed to work fine. You might give that a try.

Let me know if any of that helps.

I guess it's worth a try... Although before I moved it worked fine with Windows managing it...
But thx, I may try that...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.