Cabman5 0 Newbie Poster

I am using a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT firmware configured as a wireless bridge to connect to my neighbor's 15mbps cable connection while he isn't using it (I have permission of course). I also have a 768kbps DSL connection that is run through a D-Link DI-524 wireless router. What I want to do (if it is possible) is run both connections through one router (preferably the WRT54G because I can do crazy awesome bandwidth routing with it). I want to do this so I will always have an active internet connection available even if the wireless goes out and so my parents will be able to also access the wireless connection. However, if it is impossible to do hardware bridging for free, I do have an extra ethernet card available, in which case I would need to know how to bridge connections (if there is anything you have to do besides right click and press bridge connections).

Thanks,
Cabman5

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.