I have many old Blu-ray discs, such as:

The Last of the Mohicans: Director's Definitive Cut [Blu-ray] (1992),
Beauty and the Beast (Three-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (1991),
Toy Story 3 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (2010),
The Karate Kid (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (2010)

Have watched them again and again. But recently I found one of the Toy Story 3 discs cannot play smoothly as before. So this idea hit me at that moment. But there are too much Blu-ray decrypting and burning software on the market I’m not sure which one is better.

So can anyone give me some suggestions? Or what Blu-ray backup software are u using now?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Backing up Blu-ray is not as simple as it is for DVD's. The security is much stronger, though not impossible to get around. The packages that have DVD's you can backup with a lot of available (free or paid-for) software - I use my Linux system's dvdbackup software and the DVDCSS library to decode and rip DVD's. There are also Linux libraries for Blu-ray, but I haven't tried ripping a BD disc since I don't have a Blu-ray player... :-)

thank u rubberman

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.