Hi guys me again,
I just want to know that can my system run WINDOWS 8.1 PRO. My system is:-
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz,1GB RAM,Intel 946GZ Express Chipset Family.

Contributors
Replies
Views
2 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by RobertHDD

Ye-es... but somewhat slowly cos of not much RAM, and a slow CPU. But there are tablets designed for W8 specced like your system.

What about the new celerons with windows 8.1 and with 2 GB rams.
I can upgrade my ram to 4 GB

the original description even 32 bit win8 is going to bug the shit out of it, if you open chrome with 2 tabs it will most likely shut down due to reaching 100% ram usage, the celeron one might be able to handle it but then again its celeron cpu

Certainly, muhammad, 4 GB of RAM will make a very noticeable difference, even with your current OS. But 32bit OSes cannot use quite all of 4GB. 64bit Windows 7 at least, makes better use of available memory because of an improved memory manager, plus is capable of using all of that 4GB compared with 32bit W7.
W8.1... I don't know how efficient its memory management is. Of course, there are still softwares that are not available in 64 bit, but 64 bit Windows 7 or 8 will run them as 32 bit. So consider a 64bit OS; your current E4500 is capable of running it.

Edited by gerbil

Ok but something called lubuntu is now my favorite os which boots my pc in less then 10 sec.

Thanks for commenting dudes...

Celerons are kind of a budget processor only to make low-end pcs for instance a storage pc only need 4 to 6 cores or just a celeron

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.