Hi Guys,...Just wanna ask if what brand should I look for in a laptop. And what specs should I look for if I'll use it in programming, gaming, photo editing. Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 Year Ago by Kewne

My last 2 work laptops have been Lenovos. Before that strictly Dell - I still use my 9 year old Dell Lattitude D630 - still fast - has dual core 3+GHz 64-bit processor, 4GB ram, 360GB disc, Wifi, bluetooth, HD display. My current laptop is a Lenovo Carbon x1 - nice, good features, light as a feather, great battery life. It has a dual core 3GHz i7 processor, 8GB ram, 250GB SSD, Wifi, bluetooth, and can drive 3 displays - the laptop screen and two 1920x1200 HD external displays. Both have 1Gbps ethernet connectors, though the Lenovo also has a USB 3.0 port - the Dell is limited to USB 2.0. The Dell has an eSata port. The Lenovo doesn't. Both have good audio, microphone, video camera. Being 9 years old, the Dell has held up, both physically and feature-wise, to current laptops.

I know a lot of people who use HP laptops. Most really don't like them much, and I think they don't hold up as well as Dell and Lenovo units, although my grandson has an HP laptop/tablet that my attorney (and good friend) gave him which he uses for circuit design and commercial art work. He runs Windows 7 on it. The tablet features (stylus for drawing) are good for his design work. So far, it is holding up ok, though since he is a computer hardware wizard, he is capable of fixing it down to the circuit level. Even has his own reflow solder station!

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.