Hey everyone.

New to daniweb. seems like a really good forum.

anyhow, im doing some research on mobile phones and PC's. I want to be able to control my mobile phone flawlessly from my computer. By flawlessly, i mean Making and Recieving Calls, Sending and Recieving SMS, and Syncing Phone Books. Those are the things i atleast want, other things liek battery level, reception strength and other little things will just be bonuses.

Now im looking for almost any information. I dont care what phone or wat programming language. Im willing to learn a language and buy a new phone if it means this can work. I would like to do it via bluetooth but it isnt crucial. Ive heard of cars that can answer and make phone calls over bluetooth (my dads Toyota Sahara can do it) and it can sync with his phone contacts to. Doesnt do SMS but it still works a treat. He has a BlackBerry.

Any information would be much appreciated. This will be a major project for me over the next two years so ill most likely be back here with problems and etc haha.

Any information. Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your mobile may have a certain AT command set which would define all the information you can retrieve, via a serial connection, which might be RS-232 although Nokia usually use the FBUS protocol. http://www.embedtronics.com/nokia/fbus.html.
A better idea might be to use a GSM module. Haven't looked into Bluetooth. An easy wireless connection from PC to phone would be infrared.

Hey everyone.

New to daniweb. seems like a really good forum.

anyhow, im doing some research on mobile phones and PC's. I want to be able to control my mobile phone flawlessly from my computer. By flawlessly, i mean Making and Recieving Calls, Sending and Recieving SMS, and Syncing Phone Books. Those are the things i atleast want, other things liek battery level, reception strength and other little things will just be bonuses.

Now im looking for almost any information. I dont care what phone or wat programming language. Im willing to learn a language and buy a new phone if it means this can work. I would like to do it via bluetooth but it isnt crucial. Ive heard of cars that can answer and make phone calls over bluetooth (my dads Toyota Sahara can do it) and it can sync with his phone contacts to. Doesnt do SMS but it still works a treat. He has a BlackBerry.

Any information would be much appreciated. This will be a major project for me over the next two years so ill most likely be back here with problems and etc haha.

Any information. Cheers

sir, am lik to doin a project in vb.net .my project topic is REMOTE CONTROLLING USING GSM MODEM..
can u give new idea related to this topic.

sir, am lik to doin a project in vb.net .my project topic is REMOTE CONTROLLING USING GSM MODEM..
can u give new idea related to this topic.

1. Do not piggyback threads (aka "hijack" threads) by posting your question as a reply to another question.
  2. Thread close, so if you wish to get something done please start new thread
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.