Hi.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it still relates to Games.

I would like to ask a question about a game that I own for my PC. For the record, it's House Of The Dead 2. Anyway, a while back, I installed the game with an older graphics card, something like GEFORCE 5600, I think. I uninstalled the game and later then I purchased a new graphics card and installed the game along with it. I later noticed when playing it, some of the textures on the characters were missing, and replaced with white regions on their surface.
What I would like to know, is why this is happening with a higher spec. card? I have fiddled around with the options in an attempt to recover this error, but nothing worked.

Also, this game is fairly old, and requires these minimum specs to run:

Windows 98+ME(I have an XP, but I've always had one, it doesn't relate to my problem, it still runs on my PC)

Processor PII450

Mem 128MB

Graphics card 16MB

CD-ROM 8 speed

Direct X 7.0 or higher (What does this do?)

Thanks everyone :)

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tomtetlaw

DX7 is an engine for c++ programming, but your problem i think is that the game you are trying to play is to old and some of the textures cannot be "read" by either the graphics card or the computer.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.