hi friends

I am using IIS server to compile the php file. I have create the two virtual directiory for run two different projects.

but one send the mil properly,another one project not send the mail.

please advise

How to solve the issue

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

What's the error that you are getting ?

problem is mail not sen i am not receive any error message

Check your spam box. Check if your smtp and smtp_port is configured properly in php.ini file. In general, SMTP_PORT is 25. Also check if your firewall isnt blocking the port.

mail is working one another virtual path not working only this path

!!!!!!!!

another virtual path ? or another server ? can you explain a bit more ?

another virtual path .i have developer two projects . both are runnning in the same server. one prject the send the mail properly, but the another project not send the mail. I am using same code for both projectes and same configration, but why mail not send???????

Do you have 2 different php's installed ? If yes, then there is probably something wrong with its configuration. If no, then, there is something wrong with your script.

I am using one php . ans same same mail function !!!!!!! same code

thats weird.. this will never happen with computers. Its either 0 or 1. Its never 1/2. :-/

mm ok , but client question me i say this answer , he accept , !!!!!:)

Similar question. I have apache 2, php 5, wondering what else I need to install or set in the apache config file, or php.ini to get mail() function to work?

Not to hijack the thread either, but anyone have any experience testing mail() locally on Mac OSX 10.4? I have PHP, MySQL, and Apache running successfully, but would like to test mail forms locally as well.

Best Regards, Gym

Similar question. I have apache 2, php 5, wondering what else I need to install or set in the apache config file, or php.ini to get mail() function to work?

What OS are you working with? Also check your php.ini file to set the SMTP server address and SMTP port, and if using Windows edit the email address. If you open php.ini in a text editor, FIND SMTP and it will find the lines you need to edit.

Hope this helps,
Gym

hi

Any one answer my issue

Ya I'm using Windows XP Pro. So I need an SMTP server? Can my local system be used as SMTP? or do I need to use an online server for one of my domains?

Ya I'm using Windows XP Pro. So I need an SMTP server? Can my local system be used as SMTP? or do I need to use an online server for one of my domains?

Yes, if you are using your local Win XP Pro system to develop and test the forms, you can go into Services in the computer management and turn on SMTP services.

Right Click My Computer > Left click MANAGE > Expand SERVICES (by clicking on the plus sign to the left) > scroll down to find SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol > Rick click > left click PROPERTIES > set STARTUP TYPE to AUTOMATIC > Click APPLY and OK

You also may have to STOP and START the service again in order to get everything going.

Hope this helps,

Gym

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.