I have been running a golf news website for the last three years. I run the whole site on my own. All the content, all the design and the technical support is done by me. I started it in 2018 as a hobby and now I post everyday and it is more like a job than a hobby for fun :D. That's why I need some help. I need someone to help me with the marketing part and someone who can help me with monetising the site. Since I don't have any income from the website I can't offer any cash. What I can offer is % from all future income. The site is bilingual - Bulgarian and English and has a few thousands visits each month. The numbers are not impressive but still not bad for a one-man show project. DM me if you are interested so I can give you all the details you need and a link to the website. Any other help (for content, social media engagement, design, etc.) is also welcome :)

Hi Monty, and welcome to DaniWeb!!

I started DaniWeb as a hobby when I was still in college back in 2002. Twenty years later, it's all just me and James, our systems administrator.

I would like to encourage you to not start hiring people until you start making money, or, at the very least, have a very solid business plan. However, if what you're trying to do is sell a percentage of your business in exchange for work early on, then I implore you to create a well written contract that outlines what is expected of everyone in exchange for what.

Suppose you hire someone in exchange for 15% of your business. They work for 3 months and then they quit. Do they still get 15% of your business no matter how well or poor it does in the future, 10 years from now? What if those 3 months really put you on the map? What if they did almost nothing in those 3 months and then you fired them?

If you have no experience with marketing or monetizing the site, why not start by learning those things? You can't properly interview, let alone hire, anyone without understanding what needs to be done, anyways. So learn the basics, apply the basics, get yourself to a point where you have a good business model with a good foundation and a growing site, and then look into hiring someone when the workload becomes way too much for you.

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.