What will be on page & off page SEO trends in 2020?

Dhirender Negi commented: For 2020 Digital Marketer must focus on on page or website, speed, user friendly website. +0

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I think speed will play a bigger role than it ever has before, and the AMP project is either going to be ramped up or eventually scrapped just like Google+. I also think Google is putting more effort into schema and understanding and graphing entities, with the intention of building up their knowledge graph.

I'm more of Tom Peter's fan. https://tompeters.com/writing/manifestos/ has a new entry for 2020.

Edit: Adding what Tom Peter is saying about speed and Excellence:

The bottom line re 'Speed Trap' is that I think in this age of 'speed, speed, more speed,' it is in fact the case that the most important things associated with enterprise effectiveness and, yes, excellence take time."

Speed of websites, schemas, and a HUGE focus on delivering quality content for users (and not Google)

Google has actually come out and said that incorporating schemas does not affect your rank in the organic serps, outside of being in the answer box and having expanded results. Not sure I believe that one.

1 ) Voice Search is getting huge no.w . Voice SEO will be the number one trend in SEO for upcoming years . By 2020, up to 50% of all search activities will be conducted through voice.
2 ) Video Content will play an important role in SEO . It is observed that sites with video content get more backlinks and enjoy around 150% boost in search traffic.
3) Mobile SEO - The number of Mobile users are increasing day by day . Internet penetration is at all time high . Nowadays anyone can access any brand or business from a smartphone in mostly all locations.
4) SEO for Local Searches . As per the Google, around 46% of searches consists ‘local intent’. It tends to those types of search queries which include ‘near me’ or other location-based keywords
Also site speed , user experience , content will play an important role in SEO

Voice search is huge for quick things, between Siri, Google Assistant, etc. However I don’t think it’s going to permeate all industries. For example, people still won’t be using voice search to google for answers to programming help. (And ending up at DaniWeb).

Mobile I think has made the shift within the past few years already, and it’s surprising me how it’s permeated into an industry I never thought it would.

I would have laughed in your Face if you told me 5 years ago that people would be using their mobile devices to ask a C++ question. And yet, today, a good percentage of our audience is, indeed, mobile traffic.

Write a Compelling Title Tag and Meta Description.
Optimize Your Images.
Optimize Your Page Speed.
Use Internal Linking.
Improve the User Experience on Your Website.
Include Keywords in Your URL.
Focus on Getting More Authoritative Backlinks.
Publish Long-form Content.

Your predictions are exciting, and I agree with you that the field of SEO will only develop in the future.

commented: I'm laughing now as I think of the billions spent on what is only the future. +16

Keywords Focusing.

This question was originally asked in January 2020, but I think, in retrospect, no one could deny that the most important things you could do for your website traffic in 2020 was to tailor your products and services to be designed for people who work and live at home, and focus on connecting people virtually.

Thank you for sharing valuable information. Google has introduced sponsred backlinks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.