Hi all,

How you doing?

Okay I want to put the Google's AdWords conversion tracking JS on my site pages, but I'm confused about a few things...

1. On one board someone said that Google is just doing this to get our information. What do you think?

2. Am I supposed to put this on every page, or just my index page?

3. How do I put it on my shopping cart since a 3rd party handles that?

4. If I put it on my pricelist page, people who go to that page may not buy, they may just be looking for the prices.

5. Even if it goes onto the shopping cart page, how do we know it's for the AdWords & not for free Google listings?

Thanks so much for any help or opinions you may have.

Have a great night !

Michelle :)

>1. On one board someone said that Google is just doing this to get our information. What do you think?

they can certainly learn how to target and sell ads better if they know the results of them. its not a completely free offer. you are giving them valuable ad data back.

>2. Am I supposed to put this on every page, or just my index page?

just your action pages. the page after they buy or the page after they sign up for your newsletter. after whatever actionable item you are trying to track

>3. How do I put it on my shopping cart since a 3rd party handles that?

have to talk with them about that, or you could put it on the return page on your site if it returns to your site after they click.

>4. If I put it on my pricelist page, people who go to that page may not buy, they may just be looking for the prices.

put it on a page after the desired action has occured.

>5. Even if it goes onto the shopping cart page, how do we know it's for the AdWords & not for free Google listings?

thats what the java tracks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.