The highest-priced keyword in the United States last month sold on Google for $99.44 per click...

Can you guess the keyword?

Recommended Answers

All 45 Replies

DUI Lawyer

DUI Lawyer

Nope - but definitely a good guess...

The highest-priced keyword in the United States last month sold on Google for $99.44 per click...

Can you guess the keyword?

Hmm..... about forex??

what is the keyword???? :)

Another good guess. The keyword happens to be "mesothelioma." Somethings never change. :) I read it here.

Isn't this crazy?! Almost unbelievable that an organization would pay this much per click.

Another good guess. The keyword happens to be "mesothelioma." Somethings never change. :) I read it here.

Isn't this crazy?! Almost unbelievable that an organization would pay this much per click.

I can't believe it... the biggest CPC that i get is $16/click and the keyword is forex....

my highest click was 3.37$ loll

I don`t know if believing when they said that someone is paying them this ammount. maybe is a trick to motivate people to make more sites with adsense.

I don`t know if believing when they said that someone is paying them this ammount. maybe is a trick to motivate people to make more sites with adsense.

I don't think Google is trying to motivate more adsense sites. The article seems to be about how a company was reported spending $99.44 per click via Google AdWords. I would agree though - in that it is pretty hard to believe.

OMG - I wonder what is the click-through rate and conversion rate for this very expensive keyword. As an advertiser, I would pay this much if the CTR and conversion rate from these visitors generate income to the site.

i want some one to please explain more about this site to me

OMG - I wonder what is the click-through rate and conversion rate for this very expensive keyword. As an advertiser, I would pay this much if the CTR and conversion rate from these visitors generate income to the site.

Individual Lawsuits involving asbestos inhalation and mesothelioma could result in millions of dollars for the plaintiff, so if an agency converts one click into one case... it could be profitable for the next 2-3 years. Not to mention the cases that turn into class action lawsuits where hundreds of millions could be involved.

If you are ever feeling vindictive, or own Google stock, you could take grim satisfaction from clicking through mesothelioma Google ads for fun.

I wonder how smart it is to make the knowledge of how much the CPC is publicly available - seems like the sort of thing some forum communities would take pleasure in abusing.

I already did know the answer but got late to reply. I already have a blog for this mesothelioma disease :)

What the hell, how can PPC sell for that price. Google must be making money hand over fist. Well they are really. Its concerning how far it will go.

I'm very glad I'm not a search engine advertiser. Back when Overture ran their search engine ads on Google I watched on bidder keep his bid $16 a click higher than the #2 bidder, and without hesitation handed over click money for months; without any interuption or guidance from the search engine! It disturbed me because it was a Canadian government funded sportsfishing site. This was before Adsense or Adwords and there was no search engine "adjustments" based on keyphrase competitors bidding levels.

I can't imagine how people just so easily waste money like that and how so many others, all over the planet, so easily suck up hard-working people's SEM budgets. I don't get how this game has perpetuated this long.

Wow, the pay is definitely too high, is it a mistake? the term is specific scientifically, how you get the word from?

I can't believe it dude

I don't think Google is trying to motivate more adsense sites. The article seems to be about how a company was reported spending $99.44 per click via Google AdWords. I would agree though - in that it is pretty hard to believe.

yeah..same with me..it's hard to believe that they would pay big amount for just 1 click...

Amazing - that means there must be other companies also paying around that amount right?

Isn't it only hot keyword will cost higher price? What could explain ~$90 per click for such a scientific word which i believe will have almost none demand?

wooow 99.44 ... those ppl get that ads in there publisher site will get richhh :)

yeah it is possible as some stupid guys dont set the limit in adwords so just to show there ad on the site even when there are 1000s in the completion google charge them that heavy amount.

how did you set your adsence up so you will make money from that keyword ?

how did you set your adsence up so you will make money from that keyword ?

I had nothing to do with this story.. just sharing the info. I would also like to note that the story has nothing to do with AdSense. Instead, it was reported that an advertiser (allegedly) paid around $99 per click for keyword terms relating to mesothelioma. Pretty incredible but certainly believable when you consider the settlement values on class action lawsuits for people who are diagnosed with this type of malignant cancer.

On the content publishing side of things, I can't imagine that publishers would be able to make $99 on a per-click basis. A) the advertiser would have to have content publishing turned ON - which is unlikely when you are paying that much per click and B) even if they did publish those ads on an AdSense type site, the publisher would only get a portion of the revenue. They'd have to share it with Google or some other ad network. Still... that's a nice little cost per click! :)

Also remember that the payout for lawyers who pays that $99.44 per click. Such lawsuits generate at least 7 or 8 figures - yes millions. So spending that much for a click for such a big payout may be worth it.

I do not think so that any one pay $99.44 for only one click.

how would i go about getting key words such as the one you have used to work to my advantage ? linke how would i set that up in adsence ? what heading is it under ? and what do you do ? please explain thanks.

sold on Google for $99.44... but if you get clicks on your site you would only get a small % of that.

Google is really starting to get cheap with their payout %

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.