should we start a BING subforum
after all the discussion abt the yahoo google and bing
i was wondering if it time to start a BING subfourm and start to discuss how to rnk high in BING
what do u guys say?

Recommended Answers

All 70 Replies

i think it will help people a lot...as bing claim to beat google in the coming years...hope it works buddy

Well we don't have a Google or Yahoo! forum so I don't see why we should have a Bing forum ;) Our Internet Marketing category is still immature compared to the other sections of DaniWeb, so I'd prefer to just build it up for now instead of subdividing it for no reason. Questions related to all the search engines can be posted here.

Well we don't have a Google or Yahoo! forum so I don't see why we should have a Bing forum ;) Our Internet Marketing category is still immature compared to the other sections of DaniWeb, so I'd prefer to just build it up for now instead of subdividing it for no reason. Questions related to all the search engines can be posted here.

The queen has a point. If you start creating sub-forums and sub-sub-forums the site becomes diluted and convoluted. Best to keep it simple. Besides, post a question about ranking high in Bing in the SEO forum and you will get more than enough info.

To be perfectly hounest, now there are only 3 search engines which hold any genuine share of the market (Google, Bing and Ask) I would probably say we should put all the Google subforum threads in the SEO forum as there isnt as much competition which requires a subforum independantely.

^^ Wow, You forgot Yahoo?? Or has Yahoo really gone down the drain recently?

Anyway, cscgal has got a point there, until which I read I too thought just like the OP.

right , i see there is less content abt Internet Marketing category
work on that first

I think Bing is now much more important than Live. And yes it need subforum, however now is not "powerfull" as google.

Bing subforum would be a great idea.. I have lots of questions about bing and I don't know where to post my thread..

I agree with her highness on this one. It's really her call anyway.

There's already too much discussion of unrelated matters already (especially the recent surge of social networking marketing ideas) that don't really belong in the Search Engine Optimization sub-forum of the Internet Marketing forum.

It's my opinion that the SEO forum needs to concentrate itself more on related search engine issues. I like coming here to read and share ideas on this one particular subject.

sure we must!that is a new chapter in the seo history.

There's already too much discussion of unrelated matters already (especially the recent surge of social networking marketing ideas) that don't really belong in the Search Engine Optimization sub-forum of the Internet Marketing forum.

I had always thought social networking marketing as part of the SEO, so it isn't??
Could u share your opinion on this point??

me to Bersh, i have too lots of question about bing...

its a great idea....

I agree with her highness on this one. It's really her call anyway.

It's my opinion that the SEO forum needs to concentrate itself more on related search engine issues. I like coming here to read and share ideas on this one particular subject.

I agree with Dani and Fred 100 percent. Sub dividing the forums will only create havoc and make it possible for trolls to post unrelated information in sub-forums that don't get that much attention. I also agree that the SEO forum should be just that Search Engine Optimization. Link building can be helpful but you can't rely on it. People are much more likely to find your site via a search engine than randomly seeing your link on a website that they found with the help of a search engine. There has been some talk about SEO with other sites like Twitter but I think those threads should be kept to a minimum or made a sticky so people won't have to ask the same questions over and over.

Yeah, good idea. I vote for it!

We do not need a BING subforum and I can explain why.
BING (formerly known as microsoft live!) changed the UI but besides that SEO is still Search Engine Optimization and will work basically the same with any Search engine, sure there maybe a few changes and tricks but nothing much. I know that the combination of YAHOO! and BING will cause quite a stir in Google searches and some people will probably switch to BING since it is combining the power of YAHOO into it... or at least it will if Google doesn't mess it up (I sure hope they don't).

Adding Sub-forums can create havoc for people who maintain the site and will also add spam postings which you don't want to see. If you have a Sub-forum that isn't used much it ends up being a spam zone. We can't create sub-forums on our own (thank Dani's site settings for that!!!) so the decision is up to CSCGal (Dani) and she has already made it clear that there is no point in adding yet another sub-forum.

good idea, please accept my Vote also

lots of questions are awaiting

I don't think it is necessary, as far as most of the guys are getting more traffic from google. It is better to have a subforum to google rather than bing.
Who knows, Oneday bing can beat google, on that time, we can create subforum for bing. Is that make sense?

i think its a good idea

Well, Bing already is among the main search engines and therefore this same SEO forum could be great for talking about the favorite Microsoft portal.

yes it should..
but is it true that bing will supply their search results to yahoo??
i'm very curious about this..

do u guys know about Yahoo and Bing venture ?

do u guys know about Yahoo and Bing venture ?

yeah i heard from someone, but whatever going to happen is not good, yahoo still have market, y they are doing for money

I think we can do it right now, as I see MC seems to do a lot to improve the bing, and as Yahoo also some effect on it.

If we lost bing, we may also lose some traffic form yahoo!

yeah..... u r right quicktpgo

Thanks for agreement then!:D:D

Y yahoo doing this at all, even yahoo is a popular search engine ?

But I can see the improvement and the strength of BING.

Maybe it is not a bad idea to be lead in other fourms!

I am just saying, maybe the time isn't right yet!

Not a bad idea especially if you know how to get people interested in Bing search.

Bing got a little attention with the release but I would say it will ultimately be a failure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.