I'm confused that whether getting backlinks from banned sites will automatically ban your site by search engines.Then how to find that which one is banned by search engines.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jay 11

if a website does not show up in the search results, especially for a query on the site name, then it was probably banned.

Usually a greyed-out PR means that a webpage is severely enough penalized to merit exclusion from the SERPs.

No, your site will not be automatically banned if you have one link from a banned site.

I'm confused that whether getting backlinks from banned sites will automatically ban your site by search engines.Then how to find that which one is banned by search engines.

Usually a greyed-out PR means that a webpage is severely enough penalized to merit exclusion from the SERPs.

Really? These days it seems that a greyed-out PR (no PageRank information available) means just as much as a PR0 or a PR27 for that matter. :) In other words, it pretty much means nothing. I've seen plenty of pages with "grey bar" that are still indexed and even out-rank (in the SERPs) those that have PR info.

In my experience, the only thing that remains consistent about TBPR, is the inconsistency of what it displays.

Really? These days it seems that a greyed-out PR (no PageRank information available) means just as much as a PR0 or a PR27 for that matter. :) In other words, it pretty much means nothing. I've seen plenty of pages with "grey bar" that are still indexed and even out-rank (in the SERPs) those that have PR info.

In my experience, the only thing that remains consistent about TBPR, is the inconsistency of what it displays.

Good point. A greyed-out webpage usually means the page has been severely penalized, even banned, and could only be made available in the SERPs for obscure, non-competitive keyphrases.

A PR0 usually means that the web page isn't yet discovered or ranked; but can mean 0 too. From PR1 to PR6 doesn't much matter.

Edited by canadafred: n/a

I do not think a greyed out PR means that site is banned from google SERP.

Do you have any official source which confirms such?

when a site/page is new most of the time grey bar is shown in google toolbar so i dont think its good way to check either site is banned or not

Hi, iwahm
I think search engines would not ban your site if there were backlinks from banned sites. Such backlinks might decay quickly and would disappear from your backlink list. :)

Have a nice day,

I think search engines would not ban your site if there were backlinks from banned sites.

Right - you probably won't get banned but keep in mind - A link is essentially a vote of confidence. You don't really want to get votes of confidence from banned websites. :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.