I'm just starting out as an Seo. iv already started blogging and using article directories. any article directory recommendations? or highly useful blogs?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

the top 20 article directories i search on the net...

1. EzineArticles

2. GoArticles

3. WebProNews

4. ArticleDashboard

5. SearchWarp

6. PubsACS

7. ArticleBase

8. Isnare

9. Buzzle

10. ArticleCity

11. IdeaMarketers

12. Site Reference

13. Article Alley

14. Web Source

15. Amazines

16. Submit Your Article

17. TheWhir

18. Excellent Guide

19. Directory Gold

20. Articles Factory

21. SelfGrowth

hope it can help you..

thanks that will definetly be most useful! will check them all out asap!

Thanks!!!!

I also suggest you article marketing.

I also suggest you article marketing.

That list is great! Thanks.

i've never heard of any of these directories. How long have they been around? Do they have editorial integrity? Does anyone have any success stories with these?

My vote is for Buzzle.com & ezine.com.
SEOmoz is good for SEO newbies.

Write unique and informative articles for your site and post them in ezine and other article directories. Go artilces and article base are also very good article directories. Article base is no follow but can help you to provide many traffic to your site. For posting comments in blogs try to find out blogs that are similar with your site. I mean the blogs that provide similar services/products just like your site has.

Its really great list of article directories, More over try to place you article on ezine articles, which can provide you more traffic.

It is better to go ahead with article submissions, social bookmarking as well as with blogging. I am sure you will get more traffic via search engines.

I suggest social media promotions such as social bookmarking for example digg and social networking like facebook.

Thank you folks, I got more list of article directories. It would be helpful for me.

Thanks for sharing!!

SNIP

Google has Blog search. I suggest use Google Blog search for the desired keywords and add PR5 (or desired rank) in the search

Great job,i got through the list keep it up.

As this is new website so do bookmarking and directory submissions also...........

That's really good,thanks for the recommendation.

Hi, I don't think directory submission is that effective nowadays.
But it still works if you are submitting to authority ones.

And some of the top directories are:

1 Yahoo! Directory 9
2 ODP - Open Directory Project 9
3 Starting Point 8
4 Librarians' Internet Index 8
5 Kids Games, Kids Movies, Kids Music, and More - Yahoo! Kids 8
6 http://www.blogwise.com/ 8
7 The Open Encyclopedia Project - An open content encyclopedia run by volunteer 
editors 8
8 Search at blog directory Bloggernity.com using our blog search engine tool 7

You can not say that any of directory will give you good result. I would like to suggest you just go to directorycritic.com, where you will find huge list of article directories according to page rank. Go to the high PR directories and submit your article with your site link.

SEO tips:

1. Have web analytics in place at the start.
  2. We need to write relevant and unique meta descriptions for every page.
  3. We must use meaningful URLs only.
  4. We need to use the right keywords in the images
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.