Before some times ago Google shows 935 backlinks but now a days shows 681 for my site..

Kindly suggest me what can I do to improve the backlinks or any tools to check which backlinks are removed from Google....

Recommended Answers

All 51 Replies

Have you checked to see where the discrepancy is coming from? It could be that some of the sites that had your backlinks before have removed them.

No other way but to add more links to your site. So back to square one for you. Plus you have to remember that for SEO to be fruitful, you must add a steady stream of backlinks every month!

Hi,
You can increase your site back links by writing articles using specifically targeted keywords and link exchange may be effective for increase back links.

Try all off page techniques, backlinks assured.

Try all off page techniques, backlinks assured.

Not all off page techniques are aimed at building backlinks. And not all of them are assured. I was wondering what techniques do you have in mind with this comment?

First of all this is not such a significant backlink loss. I have seen worse. My husband does SEO work and he says that the number of links a SE indexes can vary from time to time, usually fluctuating a few hundred links which seems to be your case. I think you should simply double your SEO efforts and hopefully soon enough you will see the number of links increase. In case you are not sure as to which are the Off page SEO techniques here are the most commonly used.

Forum and blog posting or commenting.
Article writing and distribution
Social Bookmarking.

But... thinking about it again, I just realized your signature says you provide SEO services. Shouldn't you know that? Maybe the answer is right in your signature...

Google webmaster center would be the best channel for checking which backlinks were removed. Blogging would be the best channel for building quality and stable backlinks, IMO. :)

Thanks,

First the GWT never shows all the links you have. You just make sure that you have the traffic and they still works.

Then you just keep on building quality links like those from authority sites in your niche.

What you need to do is to make sure that you are getting more links then the ones being deleted. It might be due to website going down, comments being removed etc. Discipline yourself to post a few articles or get 30-50 links a day.

websitegrader and backlinkwatch are two tool which will some what exact backlinks

Review them in the google webmaster center.

Google doesn't show all backlinks. If you want to see all the links you have, you can use Yahoo's tool: siteexplorer.yahoo.com.

Luckily, increasing backlinks to your site is very easy, but something that typically is totally overlooked. So many bloggers worry about why their posts/articles don’t receive any comments… where in reality you should be only worried about commenting on other blog sites.
Commenting on other sites is very important towards increasing backlinks to your site.

Shewag

I think sometimes google doesn't show all backlinks, try to check your backlinks in yahoositeexplorer and keep working on and on from your niche.

if you want increase your back link submit your site to globaltradesites.com this is a quality business links do follow directory.

link building blog commenting would be helpful to increase your site backlink.

It's better to check your previous postings. Try to check those places previously linking back your site but now you're not getting any links from them. Don't waste much time for it as it may takes long time to check all those sites. Try to continue this job along with your regular submission job. Never stop it. Simply continue your posting jobs specially in niche sites, blogs, forums, social bookmarking sites, articles and what else you think right for your site. You need to take care about your visitors also. So don't post in only do follow sites. Also some no follow sites are good from visitors perspective.

Ways to improve back links:

article submission
blog commenting
press release
classified ads
link exchange
social bookmarking and networking
forum posting
online group posting

you can increase backlinks by submitting articles and by doing bookmarking sites.

The absolute best way to improve "backlinks" is to improve the content of your site. In other words, if you have an amazing resource, product, or service AND you generally provide a good user experience. Others will naturally cite your website.

I think you need to do off page activity you will get more and more backlink

Hello Friends......

Commenting is the key to increasing backlinks. For every comment you leave on another blog site, eventually this will count as a backlink. It does take time for Google to account for the link and attribute the backlink back to your site

Thanks

The number of links can vary from time to time. You can check with google to see if there is a problem with your links/site. You can also find out which links are missing and this may give you an insight into the problem. But ultimately you want to keep adding more links.

Just concentrate on unique commanding content and you will get natural backlinks without any reciprocal.

There are a lot of ways to create back links or inbound links. To name a few, here are some of them:

forum posting
link exchange
article submission
blog commenting
social bookmarking
press release
classified ads

Google only hold quality and relevant backlinks for a long time. so you need to create more quality and relevant back links.

the same thing happend with me.i think some sites has removed backlink after some time.but now i am doing link building on the relevant sites to create more.

Improve your back links by engaging on the following:

classified ads
press release
article submission
blog commenting
link exchange
forum posting
social bookmarking

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.