I think I read and/or played a google video about cname redirects and their effect on rank. The takeaway that I got was that using a cname that redirects to the main site was OK as long as the site content was consistent with the cname.

Has anyone tried this with good result? Did you need to register the cname as another site?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

SEO is an acronym for "search engine optimization" or "search engine optimizer." Deciding to hire an SEO is a big decision that can potentially improve your ...

Want to get-on Google's first page in 48 hours and flood your site with traffic? Try Traffic Geyser, the internet's #1 video marketing software at Traffic Geyser

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ...

Want to get-on Google's first page in 48 hours and flood your site with traffic? Try Traffic Geyser, the internet's #1 video marketing software at Traffic Geyser

Either CNAME or A-record is fine but you friend will need access to the dns records of the domain to be able to make any either change.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.