One of my clients asked today if it would be feasible to put up 4 exact copies of each of their social media presences (blogs, twitter, facebook, & Linkedin), each set being in a different language for the 4 sets. They think they will attract more business this way but I think it is extreme overkill. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have seen some other companies do the same thing. My reaction to it is that it may have a spammy feel since it was just copied and paste and not customized for each language and cultural sensitivities.

I have seen some other companies do the same thing. My reaction to it is that it may have a spammy feel since it was just copied and paste and not customized for each language and cultural sensitivities.

I made that same point to them and they are considering farming the translation work to someone but they are worried about costs. I advised them to the same fears that you have and that is all I can do at this point.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.