Mashable is reporting that in 2 weeks Google Wave will be released. Much has been said about this new Google offering. Is anyone planning to get involved right away or will it be a case of cautiously testing the waters? Also, for anyone who has been keeping track of Google Wave and what it will offer in terms of functionality, what impact will/may this have on online communities?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Well i checked evrything regarding the new upcoming google wave.. & according to the reviews i found that this new model for communication collaboration on web is really cool.. The feature looks attractive...:)

Well i checked evrything regarding the new upcoming google wave.. & according to the reviews i found that this new model for communication collaboration on web is really cool.. The feature looks attractive...:)

I agree in terms of the collaboration aspect but I am wondering if this will also be a case of it being possible competitive with Facebook or Linkedin in terms of online communities. I think the potential is there but it is going to require an effort. What do you think?

Of course your're absolutely right.. But still the features which google wave is going to provide, seems like it will attract a lot of us.. As the real time collaboration feature as it will let everyone on a wave to edit media at the same time.. That sounds impressive approach...:ooh:

Of course your're absolutely right.. But still the features which google wave is going to provide, seems like it will attract a lot of us.. As the real time collaboration feature as it will let everyone on a wave to edit media at the same time.. That sounds impressive approach...:ooh:

What I find interesting is that so many tech companies have tried to come up with a really good collaboration solution and Google may just top them all. It will get really fun when the imitators start launching the way Facebook followed MySpace.

I will use it, at least once in a while. It seems that Google is becoming a one stop shop for most productivity online utilities.:cool:

I will use it, at least once in a while. It seems that Google is becoming a one stop shop for most productivity online utilities.:cool:

The question is that a blessing or a curse? Google with too much influence could be both.

I really have not heard of Google Wave. And I keep up on Search Engine stuff for the most part. What is it?

Here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Wave

Thanks for this. In my case, I do not have any clients who would be able to use it right now for collaborative purposes but I will keep my eye on it in case a need arises, as I am sure many people will.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.