Hello all :)

I am currently at college, and have done a unit on eCommerce. My assigment was to look at the barriers and incentives of it. So I have attached my assignment for anyone to have a look at. It gained a distinction so hopefully it has some information that could prove to be helpful to someone.

:)

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

I find that another barier - is the quality of product images. But I guess you can count it as a part of the web site setup costs. :)

I would think it could have been better had you made a distinction between a company relying soley on e-commerce or whether they were already in business and wanted to add an e-commerce department to supplement sales.

The barriers are different for each situation and each situation presents different pros and cons.

great work distiction quality i would say lolz!

this helped alot thanks x

Very nice work scott although there are many other barriers such as:

- Physical barriers as found in poor areas of the world with no basic needs eg water, food, shelter, security, poverty.- give examples and figures.
- No PCs and no telephone infrastructure and no ISPs to provide access.
- Within the developed world – barriers of age, class, education.
- Security
- Hackers
- Fraud/scams etc

just for anyone who may also need this information. in any case, your information is great and it helped a lot :cheesy:

yeah this really helps, thanks a lot :)

What would be an incentive if you were in a country like Africa?

hi thanx 4 the work
it has helped me a lot
thanx agen
email me on <email snipped>
it'll b gr8 to get 2 no u betta
thanx
steve

hey man this is great but i need other parts of e-commerce for example

Identify security implications of using e-commerce.
Describe the stages involved in setting up an e-commerce site.

Devise an outline strategy for a company of your choice considering ethical, moral and legal implications.

if you could help me with it dat would be great.

Have you done any research of your own? What do you have so far?

Thanks for the work mate, you've saved my bacon...mmmm bacon.

I am currently at college, and have done a unit on eCommerce. My assigment was to look at the barriers and incentives of it. So I have attached my assignment for anyone to have a look at. It gained a distinction so hopefully it has some information that could prove to be helpful to someone.

you are da bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fukin ell toook me ages lookin for somet to do with bariers and incentives of e-commerce for my assignment nice 1 ya gt me out the shit hole their.

thanks very much this made it a lot easier for my college work cheers:)

thanks man good work

are any of u guys doing the i.v.a

Thanks very much Scottg1989

Hi every body
I am very glad to joine this website
H hope some body can help me to answer this Q

*what incentives and initiatives are available to overcome the barriers to trading via e-commerce

great work +++++++

It helped alot. much appriciations
Cheezy

NIce work

thanx

wish u all da best

solja

im doing IVA

for Software devlopment

JAVA

Hello
Thanks a lot
All information helped me to do my assignment which was about e-commerce barriers....but I need some information about for at least 3 of the barriers you have identified, evaluating the appropriate incentives and initiatives that are available to overcome each one.

Cheers for the post lad, just out of interest in your e commerce course did you have a question like:

Devise an outline strategy that an organisation could use to support e-commerce trading taking into consideration cost, time and resources including an impact analysis model for the existing organisational culture?

email me at convey123@hotmail.co.uk

you're a legend i am having a truck load of trouble with this same assignment, so your assignment really helped. cheers mate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.