I'm a digital marketer by profession. I've recently started a coupon website and I'm struggling to increase it's traffic and DA. I think it's because of the nature of website. I'm using SEO and guest posting as my main source of growth right now but people are asking way too much money for accepting guest posts. Any kind of help is appreciated.Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sometimes these ideas are not financially viable. We are seeing this in the USA where folk are asking for a livable wage and companies saying they don't want to pay that. Same problem for you. If you can't make enough to live on, do you blame your SEO?

Done right, you should be able to guest post for free. Just make sure your content is relevant to the blog you’re asking to post on, informative for their readers, and not spammy. Here at DaniWeb, we allow guest posts as long as there is no link in the article itself, and the article is high quality and relevant to our audience, but we give you a link in the About the Author section. Similarly, many sites love the additional content as long as it’s really quality content and not spam.

There is a huge hustle involved though. It might be worth investing in some SEO tools that you can use to keep track of all the outreach. Aim to reach out to at least 5 blogs a day, every day.

I could write a lot more, but I’m typing from my phone in bed right now haha.

I agree with you though that your niche might be the problem. Coupon websites are a dime a dozen nowadays, and could potentially come off as low quality in Google’s eyes.

Is there something that makes your site unique and different from the rest? Why did you start it? If you designed it as a doorway page, affiliate page, etc. then you answered your own question. It’s impossible to rank affiliate sites nowadays.

commented: +1 about the coupon site. Too many today. Most are rubbish. +16
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.