Member Avatar for

Is their any why I can have AIM on my : Motorola T720 ? e-mail me with ur help.

Well if verizon is your carrier, you can indeed use AIM on your T720. I'm on AIM wireless all the time. You don't use an application to connect to AIM wireless. It works through your text messages to connect, display buddy list & send & get messages.

Member Avatar for

is there anywhere to download the AIM app for a T720??

I have a T720 with Versizon service and seem to be having problems using the PST software. I am able to log onto my phone, read an EMS file and save it. I then have created a new EMS file using MBE. When I use the phone programmer in PST to upload the new file it starts up and when it gets to uploading the wallpaper or ringtones into the phone the phone shuts off and freezes up(will not restart until battery is removed and replaced) and the PST program completely closes. Not sure what the problem is but maybe it is with WIN XP. Anyone that has a correction for this problem please post. Thanks.

Member Avatar for

It is not working for me...I'll tell you <b>EXACTLY</b> what I have in my browser setup...:

Name: free wap
Homepage: http://wap.oa.yahoo.com
User ID : xayj402lue (I signed up for Yahoo! groups)
Password: ******* ('m not about to tell you!!!)
WAP IP 1: 207.232.099.109
WAP Port 1: 9210
WAP IP 2: 000.000.000.000
WAP Port 2: 9210
Conformation: On (Display)
Cache Start-Up: Off (Retrieve)

That is exact except for the first two "()" parentisis...

Member Avatar for

I used your setup, are you typing the ports wrong in that last window? 9201 is what the top said, I get a "server not responding" error with mine and I can't ping that IP address from my pc. I have a yahoo groups account and have it setup like everyones saying but can't get this "server not responding" error to go away

I USED to have a t720 with the brew browser, and I didn't need all this stuff cos I had gagin. but the phone stopped working and the woman told me they were now only offering axcess browser phones? now the axcess phone is doing the same stuff the brew phone did

(hanging up on people, ringing to voicemail after 1 call, saying I've opened the flip face and wasting my battery when I didn't open it at all, and losing service in seemingly random places where its the only phone around out of a lot of other people that doesn't have service)

maybe motorola wasn't a good idea. LG offers aim and whatnot on their phones..

Entourage 2004 cannot go online using Motorola T720c for Verizon as a modem

Does anyone know how I can connect Entourage 2004 to the Internet using Motorola T720c to send & receive e-mail messages from a POP3 account?

It works in Entourage X, AppleMail, and Safari on Jaguar and Panther, but it doesn't work in Entourage 2004. I do have Norton Antivirus 9 but disabling its Auto-Protect does not fix the issue.

Please help!!! I can't check e-mails now and I'm on a trip to California then to Toronto.

Member Avatar for

Well if verizon is your carrier, you can indeed use AIM on your T720. I'm on AIM wireless all the time. You don't use an application to connect to AIM wireless. It works through your text messages to connect, display buddy list & send & get messages.

i used to do that. on the verizon site, they displayed the codes to get the buddy list and the ppls' names and then it had an automatic category labeled Mobile Device on regular aim buddy lists. i stopped suing it for a while, then checked for the codes on verizon and it only tells u how to use aim with get it now.

do u kno the numbers to get on to aim via SMS?

Member Avatar for

Nevermind, figured it out. Does anyone here have T-mobile? I was curious to whether playing games on T-Mobile's "tzones" (tmobiles quivelent to get it now) takes away minutes from a prepaid plan

Member Avatar for

Anytime I try using this my phone sits there trying to connect and send and just goes back and forth, never with an error message.

Any ideas? I really want to be able to download some stuff without stupid get it now.

Member Avatar for

Personally I think stuff like this is okay because technically it's not doing anything illegal. (note the keyword: this stuff is all perfectly legal) It's basically just hunting and digging for an alternate service to Verizon's www plan. As for what I posted, it's just a Yahoo! WAP server - so that's perfectly legal also. Not really true "hacks".

(As an example of something illegal, connecting to the www via the Verizon service by fooling the phone into thinking you are a subscriber to the service, using a fake pin, etc)

What is also not condoned is like the way that someone (going back quite awhile) posted a WindowsXP serial. That was deleted within the hour. ;)

Check out this thread for more info:
[thread]66[/thread]

You annoy me greatly.. if you're some computer "gal" you'd realize that the term hack explicitly is NOT illegal action.. The term hack came from MIT for the best programmers that manipulated pre-written code to enhance it and make it run as they desired.. This is not opinion. This is fact. So therefore manipulating cell phones (even if its just the ring tones) is even more so hacking than would be something if it were illegal. Get with it "tech girl"

Brag about it :cool: I was thinking about getting a new phone, Im not really sure what plan I have. It is verizon though.

Okay, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to phones...I bought a data cable and CD off ebay. It has some instructions, but they are so convoluted I can't figure out what to do. I played around until I got Gagin to allow me to exchnge wallpaper, but I haven't been able to get any ringtones on the phone. I have a motorola T720c from Verizon. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Avatar for

I'm getting the sending connecting loop. Nothing else ever happens. Sigh

Member Avatar for

I'd like to ask a question how is this...

... materially, not to mention ethically, different than warez s/w cracks? If this was warez s/w crack related, would you condone it's posting on TTF?

Well lets see, you own the phone, it is an actual physical piece of property meaning you can do what you want to it. Now you cannot redistribute the firmware as that would be piracy but making changes to the firmware through reverse engineering is completely legal. With software you are actually getting a license to use not ownership.

Member Avatar for

I downloaded GAGIN a while back but never took the time to try it out. Now I read somewhere that the newest version of firmware (on the T720) has blocked the use of GAGIN. Is there a newer version of GAGIN or some other way to download ringtones/wallpaper for free? If so, a link would be appreciated. Thanks!

Member Avatar for

I have a T720 with Versizon service and seem to be having problems using the PST software. I am able to log onto my phone, read an EMS file and save it. I then have created a new EMS file using MBE. When I use the phone programmer in PST to upload the new file it starts up and when it gets to uploading the wallpaper or ringtones into the phone the phone shuts off and freezes up(will not restart until battery is removed and replaced) and the PST program completely closes. Not sure what the problem is but maybe it is with WIN XP. Anyone that has a correction for this problem please post. Thanks.

Yes the problem is in the WinXP.Try to use Win2000 with PST5.0

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.