Hi people,

My name is Ashwin , and I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

I had installed ubuntu 9.04 on my lenovo s-10 netbook with windows xp (dual boot). But the netbook crashed when i tried to access windows files from ubuntu.

I had to get it repaired. The lenovo technician told that this laptop does not support dual boot.

But I want to have Windows and Ubuntu on my netbook. Is there any other way to have both of them. I tried using VMware, but the performance became bad.

So please let me know if there is any other way to go about it. A simple linux in windows will also suffice , if that can be done on :)

Thanks in advance

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by elsiekins

Actually I had done the same . But the whole netbook crashed when i tried opening the windows files from ubuntu .

oh...do you also have lenovo s-10? If yes which Ubuntu version r u using?

oh no (wait do you have s10 3t?) i have a dell mini 9 (classic) and i use nbr 10.04 and meego 1 (was using moblin b4) and yes neither support my braodcom wifi card (duh). oh and chrome os wurks (from hexxeh flow)

"The lenovo technician told that this laptop does not support dual boot. "

Some rusty technician out there.

:)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.