Hey,
I have Toshiba Satellite A505 laptop and it has an inbuilt mic which I haven't used it for quiet a time now.

I went to sound recorder and it said "An audio recording device could not be found", it used to record before. Please help me with that.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Try updating all drivers for a start and see whether it works. Drivers could be found on the manufacturer's website. Try reset audio and sounds settings to default and see whether that works. Do a virus scan as well.

Try updating all drivers for a start and see whether it works. Drivers could be found on the manufacturer's website. Try reset audio and sounds settings to default and see whether that works. Do a virus scan as well.

Downloaded and reinstalled all the drivers, nothing happened.
Did a virus scan, nothing found.

I went to control panel, then to hardware section and then to manage audio devices, in the recording tab it said windows did not find any recording device. :(

Try using an external microphone. Borrow one from your friend or anyone you know have it. Test it out and see whether if windows are able to find it under the manage audio devices.

Try using an external microphone. Borrow one from your friend or anyone you know have it. Test it out and see whether if windows are able to find it under the manage audio devices.

I used an external mic, it worked.

That means something is wrong with your inbuilt mic, go to your properties and click on hardware. Select device manager and check whether the driver is properly installed?

See this link too

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070901030654AA6WqBB

Checked in the control panel ---> Device Manager, all drivers are installed, no missing driver.

That link wasn't of any help.

That means something is wrong with your inbuilt mic, go to your properties and click on hardware. Select device manager and check whether the driver is properly installed?

See this link too

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070901030654AA6WqBB

Can it be possible that the mic's physcial connection inside the laptop is lose or something else, if it's that how do i open my laptop and check for it?

I am not sure myself on how to do that. You might want to take it to a repair shop and have an expert to look at it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.