christineebrown 0 Newbie Poster

I received an e-mail from the mfr. of my webcam, Logitech saying that my 30-day trial of VideoCall for Broadband had expired. They then gave me a link to download it in order to continue using it, for a fee, depending on how long I wanted it for. Now, I'm new to this, but I thought I was placing calls thru MSN messenger. I don't want to pay for something that's the same service as MSN. Please, somebody advise me if I need this download to continue or if there is even a benefit to it. They say this is to continue the great video and sound quality I have been experiencing. Well, the sound quality has actually been awful. This is another issue, it was recommended to me to go to Yahoo instead of MSN, that they were more reliable for video calls. But when i and my brother ( who lives in France downloaded it, it was difficult to figure out how it worked and there was no sound. Another forum for Yahoo said the new 8.0 has a lot of bugs in it yet and many problems, they recommended downloading an older version 7.0 or 7.5 and gave the website to do this, however, this website will not work for my brother and it is in english. Any opinions on all of this. Incidentally, there are A LOT of opinions out there.:sad: