Hi guys,,,

Ive got this new computer, its a proper gaming one, and as any usual person i started downloading programs/software. My computer was working absolutely fine, and still does but when i go to shut down, the screen, keyboard and mouse lights all go off but not the computer lights, nor the fan. i know it is something wrong, because all the lights have gone off before on the computer. i went back to the supplier and he said that it was maybe a virus, and he reccomended updating norton and windows, which is what i did but still, nothing helped. But the guy said, and he sounded pretty sure that it was because ive downloaded a program that keeps the computer running after i press shut down. he said it was something like TNR? TNP? something like that.. he said that i should stop a process from the task manager and see if it works, but in the procceses tab it has got things like windows bootup ect, and if i stop that im worried i might stop the computer. is there anyway i can find out what/how to find the program thats doing this? or someone that can help? at the moment i have to hold in the button, which i dont like doing..

Thanks in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Well i suggest you to switch of all the buttons . This problem is genral and it has been happened to me also...

this happened t ome once when i installed a powered usb hub to the computer ,it was getting power from the psu of the hub ,i had to uninstall the hub

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.