I just recently started getting this error upon starting up the machine. i didnt do anything different, it just came out of nowhere. i get this error : BIOS ERROR: "Item 0x01060001 (CPU ratio) reports unreasonable value: 10" and Over clk: "Cannot create System Shell Notification Icon". I know overclk.exe is the ai booster function for asus, but i havent even messed with that program in any way, nor have i tried to overclock anything recently.

System specs :
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.01 GHz
Windows XP home edition sp2
6 GB patriot RAM (just recently installed 4 extra gigs couple days ago, before i knew that i can only use half of that :[ )

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you use the words[just recently] twice in your post ,did you get the message before install in the ram,also did you go into the bios and set default settings or auto detect cpu settings and reboot and see what happens .

i only started receiving the error message after i installed the RAM. but it was two or three days after the fact and i rebooted several times since without problems. i havent messed with any bios settings just seemed kind of random. i was in the process of deleting some files from my hard drive when the system slowed to a crawl and i couldnt restart. i had to do shut the computer off from windows and when i turned it back on and got into windows it kept stacking those error messages until i killed the overclk.exe process

i was in the process of deleting some files from my hard drive when the system slowed to a crawl and i couldnt restart.

what type of files ,like just data you created yourself ,stuff like pictures ans music or programs/files

the files i was deleting were rars from a p2p DL

go into the bios and set to optimized or default bios setting ,save and ,exit reboot computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.