I'm not quite sure how it happened. But I was just sitting at my computer reading stuff when a message came up saying that new hardware has been inserted and it was prompting me to finish the setup and installation. I was just sitting there, not doing much, definately not inserting any new hardware into my computer, and I was all by my lonesome, and then all of a suddent his happens. I close the box, and ignore it, but when I try to go to a different site, it tells me that I don't have a connection anymore. Furthermore, the netgear symbol that is usually in the startup bar in the bottom right has disappeared. And when I checked my driver list, the thing was called a cobra v800 or something and under a different driver location. So I went and changed the driver location back to the netgear thingy, but it isn't picking anything up in way of a connection. The light doesn't come on. This wouldn't be so big of a problem if it weren't for the fact that my cd-dvd rom drive also doesn't work. Hasn't for the longest time, but I've come to accept that. But becuase of that I can't just uninstall this thing and then load it back on because I can't use the disc drive, not to mention I lost the netgear startup disc thing a while ago. I just don't know what to do with the thing anymore. Does anyone know just what the hell happened here?

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mechbas

The network device is usually used in a broadband connection setup even if you don't have a local network setup. The netgear startup disc can be downloaded from their site. The CD/DVD drive prob. is going to have to be resloved somehow.
How old is the server and have you replaced the BIOS batt. lately?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.