I have a Toshiba Satellite 17" Laptop. A 32 mm strip of white running from the top of the screen to the bottom has established on the left hand side of the screen. Another 32 mm band is forming (flickering ) 32 mm away from the first i.e I have two white strips separated by a 32mm band of desktop. Suspect I will be looking at a prison-bar situation soon. As we live in Seychelles, our repair options will inevitably involve a teaspoon, some tissues and a toothpick. Before I open 'er up, I'd appreciate any insights as to what I am (or not, in this case) looking at.... Cheers CO'B

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It looks like the screen is wearing out. How long have you had this laptop? Also, have you dropped it recently or has any liquid got into it? I think the screen is the problem here.

Thanks GL.
The bars do not appear when the laptop is attached to an external screen so, we are thinking screen defect - not uncommon apparently. The machine is less than 1 yo. Chrs

I would think about getting a new screen, or a replacement of some sort. Seeing as it's less than a year old, i think your warranty should still cover it. Take it back to where you bought it from, explain that the screen is broken, and i'd like a new one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.