Is there a noticable performance increase with choosing a higher speed of the following ram:

DDR2:

667 mhz

DDR3:

what about ddr2 1250 vs ddr3 1066, which is better. also, what are the benefits of ddr3 over ddr2. is it worth the extra $$$

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

yes system speed greatly increases by usin add RAM

well i am a BTech student n we people always spend gr8 time sharing data in ntwrks...
so as per my practical exp i would say dat system speed significantly increases by doublin the amount of RAM but not merely adidng a new stick which is half or less than half of the existing stick..
for eg a 1 GB RAM system performance would be almost same as 1.5GB
but the effect is significant whn u double it to 2GB

yes system speed greatly increases by usin add RAM

well i am a BTech student n we people always spend gr8 time sharing data in ntwrks...
so as per my practical exp i would say dat system speed significantly increases by doublin the amount of RAM but not merely adidng a new stick which is half or less than half of the existing stick..
for eg a 1 GB RAM system performance would be almost same as 1.5GB
but the effect is significant whn u double it to 2GB

u answered the wrong question, i asked about ram speed, not amount.

not a ram expert ,but the faster ram speed will decently make a difference ,the closer you get the ram FSB the Same as Your CPU's FSB the better off you will be ,i think ,it works like this i think,CPU 1333 FSB to Ram 800 fsb is like a relay runner passing the baton to a runner with one leg ,everything will slow down ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.