Hey, I am seeking a new laptop and was thinking about getting a RAM upgrade as soon as I got the laptop, how ever i've found looking at 4gb ram it's usually (2X 2GB) and i was just wondering if this is two different cards and if so does your computer have enough slots or w.e

also 8GB = 4X 2GB..

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yes 4gb will be two modules of 2Gb each. I don't think there are single 4gb modules available yet.

Hey, i was just wondering if this is two different cards

yes that what 2x means 2 times one .

and if so does your computer have enough slots or w.e
also 8GB = 4X 2GB..
Thanks

mine doesn't,yours might ,you didn't say what the laptop was going to be when you by it ,check with the laptop specification before you buy it .
as for 4 gig ,server computer only right now i think.
http://apcmag.com/4gb_on_one_stick_of_ram.htm

I'm not sure of which laptop I am getting yet, just where would i found the amount of "slots" on the comp info?

I'm not sure of which laptop I am getting yet, just where would i found the amount of "slots" on the comp info?

no way to tell as you don't know what one youa re buying and they are all different ,just as where you by it ,usually you can tell by the ram capacity ,like if it says it can take 4gig ram then you know there are 2 slots ,because for now bigest one stick of ram is 2gig .

You can find out machine specific ram information for any machine with the Crucial Memory Advisor™ tool at www.crucial.com.

You can find out machine specific ram information for any machine with the Crucial Memory Advisor™ tool at www.crucial.com.

that won't work in this case ,they never bought the laptop yet ,and want to know the answer before they buy it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.