Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Intel Centrino Family Technology with Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 and the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550

I was going to buy a laptop, same specs, same brand, but one has a sticker with Centrino Core 2 Duo and the other with Core 2 Duo

Thanks.

Esso

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A very good question. I was wondering this myself when I saw a C2D laptop with a Centrino sticker, so you gave me a reason to find out.

Centrino = Intel CPU + Intel chipset + Intel wifi
Doesn't refer to any specific model, just any notebook with those three.

FROM HERE

Centrino is only a platform, Its guarantees that you have a certain kind of hardware in you laptop that is approved by intel, that includes the power scaling processors by intel.

FROM HERE
So basically a T5550 is a T5550. The centrino sticker just means it's also got intel chipset and intel wifi.

SO from what all New Normal said...i think...er...no difference after all....or is there?;-p

Raj

New Normal,

Thank you very much for your response.

That makes lot of sense.
I saw that a lot of people looked at my post, but only you were courageous enough and knew how to answer.

Thank you for the information.

courageous?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.