Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Intel Centrino Family Technology with Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 and the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550

I was going to buy a laptop, same specs, same brand, but one has a sticker with Centrino Core 2 Duo and the other with Core 2 Duo

Thanks.

Esso

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by dirt14

A very good question. I was wondering this myself when I saw a C2D laptop with a Centrino sticker, so you gave me a reason to find out.

Centrino = Intel CPU + Intel chipset + Intel wifi
Doesn't refer to any specific model, just any notebook with those three.

FROM HERE

Centrino is only a platform, Its guarantees that you have a certain kind of hardware in you laptop that is approved by intel, that includes the power scaling processors by intel.

FROM HERE
So basically a T5550 is a T5550. The centrino sticker just means it's also got intel chipset and intel wifi.

SO from what all New Normal said...i think...er...no difference after all....or is there?;-p

Raj

New Normal,

Thank you very much for your response.

That makes lot of sense.
I saw that a lot of people looked at my post, but only you were courageous enough and knew how to answer.

Thank you for the information.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.