My system is not booting. I have replaced RAM and replaced Motherboard and Hard Disk. I have Gigabyte Motherboard with AMD Porcessor and Kingston RAM. Can anyone help PROBLEM is WHERE???????Please HELP

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

look at size of the ram you have replaced, it may be small to support the new changes, or rectify the connectivity and the power supply

I have replaced 512 RAM with 512 RAM only. And I have checked all connectivity. All are OK. Can there be any compatibilty problem between AMD Processor and Gigabyte Motherboard or AMD Processor and Kingston RAM.....?

Gigabyte's website will tell you what CPU and RAM your motherboard supports.

The motherboard might be bad from the manufacturer. it happens sometimes. the only compatibility issue i could see would be between the motherboard and the CPU. will your computer boot to BIOS? if you can get to BIOS fine you might have a problem with compatibility between the MoBo and CPU

No, my system is not going into the BIOS.... Can anyone give me the site where I can check the Processors that Gigabyte supports????

can u give full details about ur motherboard and cpu as weel as for ram
like model, type, power, speed, fsb !

Your motherboard should boot to BIOS even without a CPU. so if you are not getting to BIOS and your power suply is hooked up correctly then your motherboard is bad

Just a shot in the dark, because I did this before...
Did you make sure to mount the motherboard so that the back of it is not touching the side of the case? The mobo should have came with mounting screws to prevent that from happening, because if it touches, the board will short and won't boot up.

Also, make sure that the RAM is seated properly...and if you have more than one stick of memory installed, try booting up with just one stick installed.

in my experience Ram is the most troublesome piece of hardware in the computer. but even if you had no ram installed it should still boot to BIOS because it is a firmware installed and run directly off of the motherboard. if you have on board video try using that instead of a video card.

You didn't do your research very well, if you don't know what types of hardware your motherboard supports.

Go look it up at the gigabyte website.

Hi There,

There could be two chances:-

1) processor prob.-may b its extra heated up due to high temp.wat u can do is open up ur processor fan, clean it and apply paste(ask any comp. eng) on processor .keep inside of ur case clean & make sure no wires are blocking the air passages of case.its best to tie or tape them.

2)Motherboard-many chances r that ur motherboard is damaged/permanently stop working.
i had the 100% same prob. 3 yrs back & in my case the motherboard was no more!.if ur system is 5-6 yrs old there r high chances of faulty M.B.In that case u need to buy a new one to replace it.

My system is not booting. I have replaced RAM and replaced Motherboard and Hard Disk. I have Gigabyte Motherboard with AMD Porcessor and Kingston RAM. Can anyone help PROBLEM is WHERE???????Please HELP

Hi There,

There could be two chances:-

1) processor prob.-may b its extra heated up due to high temp.wat u can do is open up ur processor fan, clean it and apply paste(ask any comp. eng) on processor .keep inside of ur case clean & make sure no wires are blocking the air passages of case.its best to tie or tape them.

2)Motherboard-many chances r that ur motherboard is damaged/permanently stop working.
i had the 100% same prob. 3 yrs back & in my case the motherboard was no more!.if ur system is 5-6 yrs old there r high chances of faulty M.B.In that case u need to buy a new
one to replace it.

That is not true. Hardware can always produce more than 2 problems.
Let's analyze this situation closely. He bought new RAM, HDD, and Mobo.
He was unaware that mother boards have compatibility issues that some memory doesn't work with some boards, etc.
RAM compatibility is usually the most annoying problem and aggravating to people trying to figure out the problems, because they naturally assume it is CPU, HDD, Driver issues.

He said his system was simply not booting. I mean, for all we know, he could have plugged in PSU wrong, maybe not to Mobo, maybe not to outlet, not to CPU. HDD isn't needed to run a computer, because it should go into BIOs anyways.

So let's see, if his computer can start, then maybe processor would be the problem. But he didn't say it was overheating problems, it simply can't start. That means the processor is starting either. Which can't be a result of overheating, although it can just be simply dead. Hopefully it isn't though, since he replaced his former.

He also said he replaced his motherboard, so unless he either broke it building the comp or it came broken, that shouldn't be the problem. New motherboards just don't fail on you when it is new. And telling him to replace his "M.B.", he already stated he bought new memory <.<

/facepalm

That is not true. Hardware can always produce more than 2 problems.
Let's analyze this situation closely. He bought new RAM, HDD, and Mobo.
He was unaware that mother boards have compatibility issues that some memory doesn't work with some boards, etc.
RAM compatibility is usually the most annoying problem and aggravating to people trying to figure out the problems, because they naturally assume it is CPU, HDD, Driver issues.

He said his system was simply not booting. I mean, for all we know, he could have plugged in PSU wrong, maybe not to Mobo, maybe not to outlet, not to CPU. HDD isn't needed to run a computer, because it should go into BIOs anyways.

So let's see, if his computer can start, then maybe processor would be the problem. But he didn't say it was overheating problems, it simply can't start. That means the processor is starting either. Which can't be a result of overheating, although it can just be simply dead. Hopefully it isn't though, since he replaced his former.

He also said he replaced his motherboard, so unless he either broke it building the comp or it came broken, that shouldn't be the problem. New motherboards just don't fail on you when it is new. And telling him to replace his "M.B.", he already stated he bought new memory <.<

/facepalm

i do agree that new ram is more likely to be bad out of the box. but mother boards can come broken. i have actually had several that where bad from the manufacturer (especially cheap ones).

Do you have a volt meeter? If so i would un hook and plug back in all of you power suply connections if that doesn't work make sure your power supply is good with the volt meter. if it is good try replacing the ram with ram that you know to be in good working order. then if that doesn't work i would try replacing your mother board, then if that doesn't work try the CPU. if that doesn't work go buy a new freaking computer!!!

I tried booting system with another working kingston RAM from my friend's system, but it didnt work at all. Can u suggest any other idea?

Is the motherboard light even on?

Check with the RAM and video card slots.. coz if they are not properly inserted into the slots the PC doesn't provide booting screen... if all seem to be right then check with the motherboard...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.